The Research Centre was commissioned by the University of Bern to implement the app "UniBE Mobile" as part of its digitalisation strategy.
The first release was in September 2021 and includes functions such as news and events, cafeterias and menus, a directory of people, functionalities of the University Library and KSL, a location search and an A-Z directory.
Further functionalities of Ilias and Unisport will be added in a second release.
SBB Smart Cup
FDN Event App
The new Event App offers easy access to the numerous events of the Research Center for Digital Sustainability, Parldigi, CH Open and the Digital Impact Network.
Programmed with NativeScript, the app is available free of charge for Android and iOS. The app is constantly being developed, in accordance with the basic attitude of the Research Center for Digital Sustainability the source code is publicly available. This will allow other institutions and groups to adapt the app to their needs and use it as well.
Overview of the features
The app currently has the following features:
- Upcoming Events: Upcoming events will be sorted by date. The most important information such as place and time as well as a short description of the event are also visible.
- Previous Events: As soon as an event has elapsed, it is automatically moved to the category "previous events".
- Detailed view of the individual events: If you tap on an event, a detailed description of the event opens, including a link to a website and exact location, which can be opened in Google Maps. In addition, it is possible to list individual program items (e.g. different sessions) that lead to further descriptions.
- List of speakers: The slides used for each programme item can be uploaded. Users of the app can then download the slides.
- Direct availability of slides: The slides used for each programme item can be uploaded. Users of the app can then download the slides.
- Feedback: After the event, feedback can be given directly in the app for each program item.
The features are constantly being developed further.
For questions and suggestions please contact email@example.com.